sorry for the long silence
there's been a death in the family
grandma passed away peacefully at the age of 92
i must say it's been an interesting experience organizing the wake and funeral and stuff. wanted to take pictures of the wake but i think some people are quite "pang tang"
1) funerals are expensive ranging from 6-10K or more (so pls start saving for it)
2) you dont have the luxury of time to get and compare quotes from different casket companies
3) thus you are at the losing end and
4) most likely you will get ripped off
5) dealing with the living is a pain in the ass
6) what's with the red string at wakes?
7) there's so many variations to chinese customs eg. give orange, give red packet with 20cents, give red packet with $2, give red packet with 20cents AND red string
8) give orange to people who drive
9) give before the funeral
10) give after the funeral
headache and concussed...
but i survived :)