Friday, June 23, 2006

realisation

last night, i had dinner with my ex-boss (pakistani indian origin, grew up in uk, worked and based in thailand, in charge of se asia region), an ex-colleague (filipino, worked in home country before moving to singapore last may) and an ex-colleague still in the company 3 of us (and many others) have left.

ok, that's not the main point. main point is : ex-boss asked me how many cats do i have now.

and it dawned on me that, whoever i met after some time, would ask me that question!

so i asked him, why do you ask me that?

he replied, "because you give the impression you're always looking to increasing your cat population"..

haha... well, yes, it's true, but no, unfortunately i have to stop at six.

me, branded by the general public as a cat lady...

meow...

4 comments:

KXBC said...

That's the question some will ask me too whenever we meet. I always say I have 4 daughters and 1 son and the eldest daughter is in K2 now.

cat_aunty said...

Erm, why stop at 6 leh?

san said...

My boss asked me if I would go to Kyoto for 5 days for work. When i told her I have 3 cats to look after and can't just go she looked as though she couldn't believe her ears! Anyway I was told (by ppl who had been there before) that the Japan trip was work only with hardly any time to do anything else. ZIP in and ZIP out. The cats are like little kids that I can't leave. I don't think she understood that.


"Yup godma. San has to look after purrty me." :)
Totoro

kuro.shiro.neko said...

cat_aunty : there's another human in this house!